ACA Executive Director
Position: Executive Director
Job Code: ACA - ED
Location: Edmonton or Calgary, Alberta (flexible)
Compensation: $45,000 - $55,000 (commensurate with experience)
Duration: 1 Year (possibility to renew)
The Alberta Camping Association (ACA) is a non-profit organization that focuses on building community and providing support to our provincial camping industry. We envision a future in which Albertans believe camping is a high-quality and essential life experience that leads to healthier communities of self-reliant, physically active individuals. Our members are active, engaged, and communicate the value of their camps.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Oversee and manage all business and operational aspects of the ACA.
- Respond to email and phone enquiries with excellent customer service.
- Create and adhere to budgets while maintaining strict financial controls.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve the support provided to member camps.
- Develop and launch new revenue streams (including grants) to increase net income.
- Assist with conference planning, logistics, registration, and management.
- Market the value of the ACA through social media and manage website updates.
- Ensure that member camp accreditations occur on an annual basis.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise a summer accreditation student.
- Understand and advise others about the standards and legislations of the camping industry.
- Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Canadian Citizen
- Post-Secondary Degree in a Related Field
- Clear Police Check with the Vulnerable Sector Search & Child Intervention Check
- Ability to Travel with a Class 5 Driver's License (access to a vehicle)
- Positive Attitude, Strong Work Ethic, and Outstanding Organizational Skills
- Previous work in a camp environment or with similar responsibilities.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Please send a cover letter and detailed resume with reference to the posting code ACA - ED to firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information (phone and email) for three professional references. This job posting will be closed when the appropriate candidate is selected.