Camp Amicus Media Personel
Foothills Academy Society invites you to be an integral part of this unique summer camp program for children and youth with learning disabilities and/or ADHD. Our goal is to create a rewarding and successful summer for each camper, with an emphasis on enhancing self-esteem and social skills in a fun environment.
Under the guidance of the Program Coordinator, the Media Personnel is responsible for overseeing the media components of our camp program.
Position Dates: June 18 - August 24, plus one week after camp has concluded, timing TBD (11 weeks)
- June 18 through to June 22 – Foothills Academy in Calgary
- June 25 to June 29 – staff training at Camp Goldeye in Nordegg, Alberta
- July 1 – July 27 - overnight camp at Goldeye Centre in Nordegg, Alberta - four 6-day overnight camps (Sunday to Friday)
- July 30 – August 24 - day camps (Monday to Friday) in Calgary
Salary: $680 per week (includes room & board while on site at Goldeye Centre).
**Please note that you are responsible for your own accommodations in Calgary
Essential Job Functions:
- Capture photographs and video of all camp sessions – being mindful of “No Photo” requests from parents.
- Organize and tag photos for digital camper memory book.
- Update the blog daily with photos and a daily recap.
- Photograph campers daily at sports and other camp programming.
- Edit and organize photos as instructed for upload to our camp blog and social media.
- Create end-of-session slideshow/video for campers and parents to watch on the last night of each camp session
- Assist with the coordination of group photographs such as cabin photos, and all-camp photos
- Previous photo, video and social media experience.
- Ability to work independently & problem solve effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively with others
- Ability to use judgment to act quickly when necessary
- Ability to adapt to new situations and be flexible with change
- Excellent communication skills
- Current First Aid & CPR
- Previous camp experience (an asset)
- Candidate must be able to lift and transport 20 – 40 pounds regularly.
- Candidate must be able to see and respond to situations.
- Candidate must be able to work in a consistently mobile fashion – walking up to 8 hours for day long field trips, and consistently interact with campers and staff at both day and overnight camp.
- Candidate must be able to sustain attention to the program participants without significant impairment.
- Candidate must be able to communicate efficiently in English.
The successful candidate must submit a Police Record Check before commencement of work at Camp Amicus.
Send resume and cover letter to Kathleen Gurski. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact Person: Kathleen Gurski, Camp Amicus and Recreation Programs
745 37 Street NW, Calgary, AB T2N 4T1
Fax: (403) 205-2754
Application Deadline: Until suitable candidates found