Camp Cadicasu - Medic
The Medic takes care of all of the health and wellness needs of our camp community.
Position Dates: June 17 - August 25, 2018
Salary: $500/week + room and board
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ensure the physical and emotional wellbeing of children in your care.
- Collect prescription and over-the-counter medicine provided by parents.
- Distribute medicine per detailed instructions from parents.
- Secure and monitor all camper and staff medications in the medic cabin.
- Prepare and supply emergency first-aid med packs for out-trips.
- Keep the medic cabin clean, sanitized and tidy in a productive manner.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm regardless of the weather / situation.
- Assist sick / injured campers and staff and make sure the medic cabin is stocked.
- Record all visitors to the medic cabin and treatment provided.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Positive Attitude
- Criminal Reference Check with the Vulnerable Sector Search & Child Intervention Check
- EMT, Paramedic, Registered Nurse or Medical Doctor
- Advanced First Aid and CPR-C (or willingness to acquire it)
- Class 4 Driver’s License (or willingness to acquire it)
- Previous work with children and positive references.
- Wilderness, primitive, outdoors, survival, or earth skills knowledge.
- Residential camp experience or community living.
- Out-tripping, camping, orienteering and hiking background.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Please send a cover letter and resume (with email addresses for 2 work or school references) to email@example.com. Check out our website for more information about Camp Cadicasu to convince you that this is where you should be this summer!