Camp Cadicasu - Out-Trip Director
The Out-Trip Director is responsible for planning, scheduling, and leading out-trips.
Position Dates: June 17 - August 25, 2018
Salary: $285/week + room and board
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Plan and lead out-trips of groups past the camp’s adjacent land.
- Verify that yourself and all participants have the necessary equipment.
- File trip itineraries (route cards) that include time of departure and arrival.
- Organize out-tripping shed and ensure that all equipment is in good condition.
- Check weather and inspect all camping equipment prior to each trip.
- Gather food, cooking, and eating supplies for out-trips and day trips.
- Be available to help in any capacity when not busy with out-tripping duties.
- Safeguard and offer support for all staff members.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm no matter what the weather is like.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Positive Attitude
- 2 Years of Post-Secondary Education
- Class 4 Driver’s License (or willingness to acquire it)
- Criminal Reference Check with the Vulnerable Sector Search & Child Intervention Check
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid or Equivalent
- Out-tripping, Camping, Orienteering, and Hiking Background
- Previous work with children and positive references.
- Wilderness, primitive, outdoors, survival, or earth skills knowledge.
- Residential camp experience or community living.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Please send a cover letter and resume (with email addresses for 2 work or school references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our website for more information about Camp Cadicasu to convince you that this is where you should be this summer!