Camp Cadicasu - Program Director
The Program Director organizes and runs our all-camp activities while supporting the rest of our staff team.
Position Dates: June 17 - August 25, 2018
Salary: $285/week + room and board
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible to design and implement all aspects of the camp program.
- Order, maintain, and organize all inventory supplies for programs.
- Adhere to a strict budget set forth by the Executive Director for the entire season.
- Act as a resource person for games, programs, and activities.
- Create and direct core /clan activities for the entire camp every day.
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of staff training for all team members.
- Prepare, cast, and lead evening campfires for the entire camp community.
- Safeguard and offer support for all staff members.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm no matter what the situation.
- Provide a caring and supportive environment where campers feel safe and secure.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Positive Attitude
- 2 Years of Post-Secondary Education
- Criminal Reference Check with the Vulnerable Sector Search & Child Intervention Check
- Previous work with children and positive references.
- Wilderness, primitive, outdoors, survival, or earth skills knowledge.
- Residential camp experience or community living.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Any certifications in outdoor and wilderness pursuits (i.e. Wilderness First Aid).
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Please send a cover letter and resume (with email addresses for 2 work or school references) to email@example.com. Check out our website for more information about Camp Cadicasu to convince you that this is where you should be this summer!