Camp Cadicasu - Camp Counsellors
Counsellors are responsible for the physical and emotional well-being of eight campers, as well as programming.
Position Dates: June 24 - August 25, 2018
Salary: $220/week plus room and board
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ensure the physical and emotional wellbeing of a group of eight campers.
- Plan, organize, supervise and participate in all activities involving your campers.
- Keep a clean cabin where campers’ belongings are kept in a productive manner.
- Monitor camper behaviour while anticipating and preventing problems that arise.
- Provide a caring and supportive environment where campers feel safe and secure.
- Keep program areas in good working conditions through responsible care and use.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm regardless of the weather / situation.
- Lead an out-trip for your cabin group based on the abilities of your campers.
- Participate in camp-wide activities and assist with supervision of all campers.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Positive Attitude
- Criminal Reference Check with the Vulnerable Sector Search & Child Intervention Check
- Minimum 18 Years of Age (by June 25, 2018)
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C (or willingness to acquire it by May 15, 2018
- Previous work with children and positive references.
- Wilderness, primitive, outdoors, survival, or earth skills knowledge.
- Residential camp experience or community living.
- Out-tripping, camping, orienteering, and hiking background.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Any certifications in outdoor and wilderness pursuits (i.e. Wilderness First Aid).
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Please send a cover letter and resume (with email addresses for 2 work or school references) to email@example.com. Check out our website for more information about Camp Cadicasu to convince you that this is where you should be this summer!