Camp Cadicasu - Nanny
The Nanny provides a safe, caring, nurturing, and stimulating environment for two children ages 6 and 8.
Position Dates: June 17 - August 25, 2017
Salary: $450 / week + room & board
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ensure the physical and emotional wellbeing of two children (ages 6 & 8).
- Plan, organize, supervise, and participate in activities with the kids.
- Monitor behaviour while anticipating and preventing problems that may occur.
- Keep the children’s living quarters clean and organized at all time.
- Provide a nurturing and caring environment where the children feel safe and secure.
- Keep program areas in good working conditions through responsible care and use.
- Transport children to activities and educational outings in the Cochrane and Calgary area.
- Be available to help in any capacity at camp when not needed for childcare.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm regardless of the weather / situation.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Positive Attitude
- Criminal Reference Check with the Vulnerable Sector Search & Child Intervention Check
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Minimum 18 Years of Age (by June 15, 2018)
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C (or willingness to acquire it)
- Previous work with children and positive references.
- Wilderness, primitive, outdoors, survival, or earth skills knowledge.
- Residential camp experience or community living.
- Out-tripping, camping, orienteering, and hiking background.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Please send a cover letter and resume (with email addresses for 2 work or school references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our website for more information about Camp Cadicasu to convince you that this is where you should be this summer!