YMCA of Northern Alberta - Day Camp Assistant Coordinator
The YMCA of Northern Alberta has the following seasonal full-time summer position from May 11-August 31, 2018 available:
Day Camp Assistant Coordinator
6-10 Positions available; Edmonton Region Locations (1-3 positions per centre: Castle Downs Family YMCA, Don Wheaton Family YMCA, Jamie Platz Family YMCA, William Lustky Family YMCA) and 1-2 positons available in Fort McMurray Region (Eagle Ridge Community YMCA & Westwood Family YMCA).
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will support the Day Camp Lead Coordinator in providing effective supervision and coordination of all day camp programming to its members (3 - 17 years).
Position Dates: May 11 - August 31, 2018
- Assist the Lead Coordinator in the recruitment, training, coaching and supervision of day camp staff and volunteers.
- Complete daily and weekly tasks as assigned by the Lead Coordinator.
- Prepare day camp rosters and assist with delivery of day camp brochures or other marketing tools.
- Communicate Schedule and Bus bookings to camp staff in regards to program sites, and booking of guests and field trips.
- Coordinate, implement, instruct and evaluate Counsellor in Training (CIT) training sessions with the Lead Coordinator in the framework provided by the Preschool, Child and Youth task group.
- Assist the Lead Coordinator in leading program planning sessions and evaluating day camp programming (all Summer Day Camps for ages 3-17), including Canada 150 Celebration activities in Camp.
- Integrate international development education in all preschool & child program camps.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
Apply by email to Tammy.Goodwin@northernalberta.ymca.ca with Resume and Covering Letter in Word or PDF format. Please include the Job Title in the Subject line of your email.