YMCA of Northern Alberta - Day Camp International Coordinator
The YMCA of Northern Alberta has the following full-time summer position from May 25 – August 31, 2018 available (based out of the Jamie Platz Family YMCA with weekly travel to the other 5 YMCA Edmonton Region Summer Camp locations):
Day Camp International Coordinator (4-5 Positions; 3 in the Edmonton Region and 1-2 in the Wood Buffalo Region)
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual that will provide effective supervision and coordination of all day camp programming to its members (3 - 17 years).
Position Dates: May 25 - August 31, 2018
- Currently a post-secondary student in Education, Physical Education, International Studies, Community Development or related field.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C , Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance (provided upon hire),WHMIS Certification (provided upon hire)
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working in Day Camp; past Camp Coordinator or Camp Director experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills.
- Highly Organized leader that is detail oriented.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, well developed interpersonal and networking skills.
- Knowledge in Alberta Camping Association (ACA) Standards is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in negotiations and partnership building.
Applications will remain open until April 6, 2018. Apply by email to Tammy.Goodwin@northernalberta.ymca.ca with Resume and Covering Letter in Word or PDF format. Please include the Job Title in the Subject line of your email.