Seasonal Aquatics Coordinator, Kids Cancer Care
About Kids Cancer Care
The Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta is passionately dedicated to helping young people affected by cancer and their families survive and thrive in body, mind and spirit. With a vision of providing a cure for every child and care for every family, Kids Cancer Care strives to end childhood cancer, while easing the pain and suffering of the disease through three essential program areas: 1. Camp and Outreach; 2. Research and Hospital; and 3. Education Support and Scholarships. For more information on Kids Cancer Care and our work, please visit us at www.kidscancercare.ab.ca.
The Position at Camp Kindle
The Aquatics Coordinator is responsible for Camp Kindle’s aquatics program and other program areas where applicable. It is the role of the aquatics coordinator to support, supervise and guide the campers in the aquatics program, as well as to create fun and educational aquatics programming for the campers.
Reporting directly to the Program Manager, the seasonal aquatics coordinator is an integral part of the camp operations team including the camp catering and maintenance teams. The aquatics coordinator will be expected to work cooperatively with all staff, volunteers and rental groups using the facilities. The suitable candidate will have good communication skills and must enjoy working with children and adults.
Position Dates: June 21 - August 24, 2018
Salary: The monthly salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Excellence in service is our first priority! The aquatics coordinator is expected to provide first class service in the areas of aquatic safety and education.
- Demonstrate awareness of the needs of young people with a history of cancer and their families;
- Report to work as scheduled and be able to work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required and submit employee timesheets as directed;
Health & Safety:
- Report all equipment problems, risks, issues or minor repairs required in any building;
- Ensure that regulations are followed from any health and safety acts;
- Follow specific schedules and instructions and document accordingly;
Hygiene and Cleaning
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained at all times;
- Complete cleaning responsibilities as assigned.
- Coordinate activities with the management team in terms of facility usage and the needs of Kids Cancer Care programming and outside user groups;
- Previous experience an asset;
- Good written and reading skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Exceptional communication and hospitality skills;
- Must provide a current Level II Criminal Records Check that includes vulnerable sector;
- Must provide proof of up-to-date NLS certification or higher
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate found.
Please send a cover letter and resume with CAMP PROGRAM COORDINATOR in the email subject line to: Melanie Reize, Camp Program Manager at email@example.com.
Note: We prefer to receive applications by email. We are grateful to everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.