Program Manager - Permanent Full-time Position
Location: Edmonton, AB *can be flexible
Posting Code: ACA-PM
Salary: $40 000 – $47 000/year
(commensurate with experience)
Start Date: May 8, 2017 – or when suitable candidate has been selected. This is a permanent/full-time position.
Why should you join our team?
The Alberta Camping Association is a not-for-profit organization that focuses on building community and providing support to the camping Industry of the province of Alberta. We envision a future in which Albertans believe camping is a high quality and essential life experience that leads to healthier communities of self-reliant, physically active individuals. Our members are active and engaged, and communicate the value of their camps; members drive us to ensure conditions are right for camps to excel.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities
- Paid recertification and training
What qualifications are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have the following;
- Previous camping experience in a leadership position
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Strong public relations skills, marketing and communication
- Quality service training and experience
- Previous experience managing a budget
- Strong background in social media forums and page management
- Understanding of standards and legislation regarding the safe and appropriate operation of camping industry– previous experience is considered an asset
- Strong work ethic and excellent administrative skills
- Active involvement in provincial/national camping associations and/or organizations relevant to camping industry – considered an asset
- Ability to actively promote opportunities for the involvement of people with diverse backgrounds and unique or special needs within camp programs
- Ability to travel and access to a vehicle -
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Three professional references
What does this role look like?
Reporting to the ACA Board, the Program Manager is responsible for assisting with the leadership and management of the overall operations of Alberta Camping Association. This position will work to maintain the quality of the experience of our member camps, the general public and our stakeholders to ensure the success of our not-for-profit organization.
The Program Manager will:
- Ensure quality customer service experiences for all member camps
- Assist in managing all aspects of the ACA operations including, but not limited to: administration, standards and accreditation visits, conference planning/management, marketing, communication, and staff hiring and supervision
- Maintain financial controls and assist in developing a budget which reflects the goals and plans of the Alberta Camping Association
- Flexible work environment with opportunity to work out of our Edmonton office or from home – opportunity for travel. 80% office, 20% travel.
Interested? It’s easy to apply!
Please send a resume and cover letter quoting posting code ACA-PM. This job posting will be closed when the appropriate candidate is selected.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.