ACA seeks Accreditation Coordinator
Position: Accreditation Coordinator
Location: Alberta (flexible location)
Compensation: $13.60 / hour (30 hours / week)
Duration: June 25 - September 1, 2018
The Alberta Camping Association (ACA) is a non-profit organization that focuses on building community and providing support to our provincial camping industry. We envision a future in which Albertans believe camping is a high-quality and essential life experience that leads to healthier communities of self-reliant, physically active individuals. Our members are active, engaged, and communicate the value of their camps; members drive us to ensure conditions are right for camps to excel.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Coordinate and schedule accreditation visits to member camps with volunteer accreditors.
- Prepare document checklists and retrieve necessary information in advance from camps.
- Verify that volunteer accreditors have completed required training.
- Organize camp information and accreditation visits in DropBox.
- Communicate with ACA Board of Directors regularly to update progress.
- Provide a caring and supportive atmosphere so camps feel supported.
- Maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm regardless of the weather / situation.
- Model acceptable behaviour through a professional demeanour.
- Canadian Citizen
- Full-Time Student (returning to full-time studies in the fall)
- Clear Police Check with the Vulnerable Sector Search & Child Intervention Check
- Class 5 Driver's License (with access to a vehicle)
- Previous work in a camp environment or with similar responsibilities.
- The ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting posting code ACA - AC with contact information (phone and email) for three professional references. This job posting will be closed when the appropriate candidate is selected.