Pioneer Bible Camp
This position serves to provide operational and spiritual leadership as well as oversight of camp activities throughout the summer season. The Camp Director is expected to be available at all times during the weeks of children’s camp and resides on campus during these weeks when there are people at the camp.
Position Dates: May through August 2018
Salary: $2,500/month - a total of $10,000 for the summer.
- Provide leadership and maintain a climate of open communication and teamwork at PBC
- Lead the staff recruitment process by interviewing and selecting position candidates
- Develop, update and deliver the staff orientation and training programs
- Designate staff duties while supporting them in their tasks with encouragement and direction as required
- Support volunteers as they assist the kitchen, nursing and maintenance staff
- Identify and support special guests and speakers
- Work closely with campers, getting to know them as individuals, investing in their faith journey, teaching and positively interacting with them while providing direction and discipline as required
- Play a key role in acquiring, developing, preparing and teaching camp curriculum alongside the program committee
- Work closely with the program coordinator, program committee and other staff to develop the summer program and ensure it flows day to day and moves along smoothly, addressing any obstacles that may arise
- Develop curriculum, prepare for and promote family camp
- Enforce PBC health and safety standards to maintain a safe environment
- Attend to administrative duties including recording and reporting incidents, registering campers, maintaining camper records, producing receipts for reimbursement, and making and receiving phone calls
- Promote PBC to churches, schools and youth groups to help increase attendance as well as spiritual and financial support
- Host some of the rental groups
- Prepare summary report for the board
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS
- Has received Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord
- Minimum 21 years of age
- University degree or equivalent years of post-high school completion plus a minimum of 2.5 years of camp management and/or administration experience
- Previous ministry experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.