The goals of a Camp Leader are to create a unique and fun experience for our campers. Camp Leaders work as a team to create opportunities for campers to improve their self-confidence and independence, in a supportive and positive environment. As the primary caregivers for our campers, you are responsible for ensuring their health and safety during their time at camp.
Position Dates: Approximately June 15 - August 28, 2018
Salary: $325 - $350 per week, based on experience, room and board provided
- Ideally completed at least one year of post-secondary education.
- Have valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certificates, or willing to obtain
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a desire to work with children, youth and people living with disabilities.
- To provide leadership and guidance to all campers.
- Supervision of campers and activities always.
- Be a positive and supportive role model to campers
- Guide and adapt programs for campers to achieve rewarding benefits.
- Providing emotional support and encouragement to campers.
- Work as part of a team.
- Be familiar with the special needs, medical conditions, dietary concerns, and/or behavioral
problems of their campers and act according to information and training provided.
- Perform Night Duty as required on a rotational basis.
- Ensure that safety standards and procedures are maintained
- Report any accidents/incidents to the Camp Director and Camp Nurse/Medic.
- Provide and assist with personal care, feeding, toileting, dressing and bathing for campers as
- Assist in program planning based on pre-arranged educational/recreational themes.
- Assist in tidying up after activities.
- Ensure the cleanliness of camp, by participating in the weekly clean up.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned, and other duties may be assigned as required.
To apply please complete an online application at https://camptamarack.ca/get-involved/employment/