The Camp Nurse/Medic is an integral part of the Staff Team. They are responsible for ensuring the health and care of our campers during their stay at camp. No two days are the same, from dispensing and recording medications to assisting with first aid, to taking time to join in on the camp activities.
Position Dates: June 11 – August 26, 2018
Salary: $360 - $385 per week, based on experience, room and board provided
- Ideally completed at least 2 – 3 years of post-secondary education
- Be currently receiving or graduating from a post-secondary education in nursing, emergency medical technology or related field, required.
- Have experience in working with individuals with special needs.
- Have valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certification, or willing to obtain.
- Be able to meet the safety, physical and daily care needs of all campers.
- Be able to react appropriately to emergency situations.
- Be able to work with little supervision and as a team member.
- Valid class 2 or 4 driver’s license, an asset.
- Plan, document and carry out any medical requirements of the campers and staff.
- Assist in camper check-in and check-out, ensuring that the medical information for each camper is complete and accurate.
- Responsible to ensure that adequate first aid supplies are on site.
- Follow up with parents/guardians where needed regarding medical conditions and limitations of campers.
- Administer medications and treatments as required and authorized by parents/guardians and keep records of all such treatments.
- Ensuring that the health and safety policies of Camp Tamarack and the Alberta Camping Association are followed.
- Administering emergency first aid where required and document accordingly.
- Be available 24 hours per day in case of an emergency.
- Briefing the appropriate staff on relative conditions and/or disabilities.
- Assume the position of a Camp Leader and take part in the camp activities when available.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned, and other duties may be assigned as required.
To apply please complete an online application at https://camptamarack.ca/get-involved/employment/