Tim Horton Children's Ranch
Tim Horton Children's Ranch in Kananaskis is looking to fill the position of cook(s). You know that a full and nourished belly is the foundation for learning and growth. It brings you fulfillment to prepare and provide the fuel that drives success. Food safety is top of mind for you and you understand the importance of providing meals and snacks that accommodate all diets. You thrive in a busy atmosphere, and enjoy cooking for large groups.
Position dates: February 2018-October 2018
- enhance the experience of the Foundation’s campers and guests by providing high quality and nutritious meals
- ensure food is prepared and served in line with the Foundation’s Food Service Standards, including strict adherence to special diets and food allergens
- prepare, wash, peel, cut and cook food items, as assigned
- monitor food and supplies, and stock the kitchen as necessary
- maintain records of items such as food temperatures and waste quantities
- clean/sanitize dining tables, dishes, glasses, silverware and other kitchenware
- follow food safety and occupational health and safety standards
- support the smooth operation of the kitchen
- contribute to a supportive and positive work environment
- experience in a food service or kitchen environment
- knowledge of food preparation, serving and kitchen procedures
- strong communication skills
- experience in cooking for large groups – an asset
- excellent organizational and time management skills
- your ServSafe certification – an asset
- experience with special diets and food allergens – an asset
- previous kitchen leadership experience – an asset
- a clear criminal background check and/or vulnerable sector search, as applicable
- reliable transportation to and from camp – required
Note: the Camp offers some limited living accommodations for those who wish to live on-site.
Tim Horton Children’s Ranch (THCR) is one of the Foundation’s 7 camps, and is spread out over 200 acres in beautiful Kananaskis Country. Located a 1 hour drive west of Calgary, Kananaskis is surrounded by popular tourist communities including Banff and Lake Louise. THCR offers a panoramic view of the Canadian Rockies and glacier-fed waters. Program highlights at THCR include: overnight camping and backpacking, whitewater rafting, organic gardening, horseback riding and rock climbing on a real rock face.
Get your application in by: January 10, 2018.