The Head Counselor will be actively involved in ensuring our staff has the tools and support they require to ensure a safe and positive experience for our campers. They will be the go-to person regarding behaviour management, camper concerns and staff support.
Position Dates: Beginning of May to End of August, 2018
Salary: $385 - $400 per week, based on experience, room and board provided.
- Ideally completed 2 years of Post-Secondary education.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with working at a camp or in a similar recreational setting
- Have valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certificates, or willing to obtain
- Class 2 or 4 driver’s license, or willing to obtain
- Challenge Course Practitioner Level 1, or willing to obtain General
- Work cooperatively with the Program Coordinator, Camp Nurse and Supervise counselors.
- Assume responsibility of camper care and safety, by being involved in higher needs situations
- Mentor and support the staff team.
- Assist the Program Coordinator with planning and executing camp programs and activities.
- Communicate camper and staff concerns to the Camp Director.
- Ensure that safety standards and procedures are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring camp leaders and staff are aware of any medical concerns or special needs within their group.
- Assist the staff with adapting programs as needed to meet the needs of the campers.
- Assist in the supervision of the campers, when available
- Conduct or delegate responsibility for inspection of cabins and areas.
- Relay any concerns of the staff, campers and public to the Camp Director
- Create and deliver school presentations to promote camp programs.
- Work cooperatively with the Camp Director in scheduling and executing training week.
- Discuss with Camp Director the performance of all staff.
- Supervise and check the writing of all final staff reports as they pertain to campers and program.
- Write a weekly communication report on the details of each camp session.
- Complete an end of summer report to the Camp Director and Board.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned, and other duties may be assigned as required.
To apply please complete an online application at https://camptamarack.ca/get-involved/employment/