Outdoor Experience Facilitator - Spring
Facilitators work with a small team of staff to deliver high quality, fun, safe, and inclusive outdoor experience programs to a variety of user groups. Your job is to ensure that all program areas are run in a safe, fun and positive manner. The aim of our activities is to provide all participants with a supportive and engaging environment during their time with us.
Position Dates: Mid April – Mid June 2018 * option to continue through the summer as a Counselor or Program Specialist
Salary: To be determined, based on experience, room and board provided.
- Standard First Aid and Class ‘C’ CPR
- Ability to take initiative and a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working at an outdoor education centre or summer camp
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid or Wilderness First Responder is an Asset
- ACCT accredited ropes facilitator training (e.g. AdventureWorks! Level I or II)
- Provide Camp Leadership during a groups experience at our facility
- Facilitate outdoor programs (hikes, orienteering, archery, team building, etc.)
- Facilitate challenge course programs (high ropes, climbing wall, giant swing)
- Apply risk management techniques and appropriate safety protocols
- Ensure all buildings and program areas are ready and clean before groups’ visits
- Maintain equipment through appropriate repairs
- Ensure equal opportunities are available for participation through utilization of adventure based learning techniques, such as Challenge by Choice
- Promote a positive attitude towards stewardship of our natural environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
To apply please submit your resume to: email@example.com