The Program Coordinator proves to be a key member of the leadership team. They are primarily responsible for creating a fun and engaging camp program for all our campers. This person is a support for our staff team, aiding in ensuring they strive to succeed and create experiences for our campers.
Position Dates: Beginning of May to End of August, 2018
Salary: $385 - $400 per week, based on experience, room and board provided.
- At least 2 years of post-secondary education.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability and experience in supervising staff and campers.
- Experience with working at a camp or in a similar recreational setting
- Have valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certificates, or willing to obtain
- Class 2 or 4 driver’s license, or willing to obtain
- Challenge Course Practitioner Level 1, or willing to obtain
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Work cooperatively with the Head Counsellour & Supervise the Program Specialists to: o Plan and execute camp programs and activities that feature outdoor living, creativity, education and adventure.
- Mentor and support the staff team.
- Communicate programming and scheduling issues to the Camp Director.
- Assist with developing and facilitating School Group Programs.
- Ensure that safety standards and procedures are maintained at all times.
- Plan, supervise, run and evaluate a creative program for the campers.
- Responsible for explaining and designating daily/weekly activities.
- Evaluate program to ensure that the goals and objectives of Camp Tamarack are being met.
- Assist in the supervision of the campers.
- Ensure that all supplies, materials and resources are available to staff when they need them.
- Relay any concerns of the staff, campers and public to the Camp Director.
- Create and deliver school presentations to promote camp programs.
- Work cooperatively with the Camp Director in scheduling and executing training week.
- Discuss with Camp Director the performance of all staff.
- Write a weekly communication report on the details of each camp session.
- Complete an end of summer report to the Camp Director and Board.
To apply please complete an online application at https://camptamarack.ca/get-involved/employment/