The director is responsible for planning and organizing all camp events. They also train evaluate all staff members.
Position Dates: June 5 - August 14, 2018
- To attend Camp clean-up and site orientation;
- The planning of Camp programs as per Policy Handbook;
- Develop an outline for staff and C.I.T training week as per Policy Handbook, conduct training with assistance from designated Board Members.
- Assist in hiring of staff;
- Responsible for obtaining all necessary program supplies within budget guidelines;
- Supervision of all staff and volunteers;
- Organization of daily schedules;
- Assignment of campers and leaders to cabins with assistance of other staff;
- Confirm with kitchen staff special meals, mealtimes, special events and inform cook of birthdays and numbers for each camp;
- Hold daily staff meetings;
- Provide written evaluation of staff to board;
- Supervision of site clean-up following each camp session and thorough clean up at the end of season;
- Secure camp premises upon leaving campsite for time off or make arrangements for such if not in attendance including securing canoes, ensuring all buildings are locked, gates are locked;
- Other duties as designated by Board
- As per ACA standards: degree in relevant field of study or an equivalent number of years post high school completion, plus a minimum of 2.5 years’ experience in recreation camp management, program management, and/or administration or equivalent.
- Valid First Aid & CPR C
- Valid driver’s license;Must provide a current acceptable Police Intervention Check including the Vulnerable Sector Search and Intervention Record Check from Children and Family Services.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be conducted beginning in January.