In addition to the role of a Camp Leader these select positions, take on the added responsibility of leading activities. Your job is to make sure that the specified program area is run in a safe, fun and positive manner. The aim of our activities is to provide all campers with a supportive and engaging environment while partaking in camp activities.
Adventure Course – a program leader that leads campers through our Adventure Course (High and Low Elements) *additional certification required
Creative Arts – a creative and dramatic program leader to head our craft room, and takes the lead in drama, photography, and anything else in the creative arts realm.
Outdoor Adventure – an outdoor enthusiast to lead campers in outdoor pursuits including: archery, orienteering, hiking, outdoor survival skills and other programs. * additional certifications an asset.
Program Assist – A combination of the above, willing to take on and assist where help is needed, a key player who works closely with our Program Coordinator and Head Counselor to ensure all programs are at their best. * additional certifications an asset.
Position Dates: Approx June 15 – August 26, 2018
Salary: $325 - $350 per week, based on experience, room and board provided
- Ideally completed one year of Post-Secondary Education.
- Have valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C Certificates, or willing to obtain
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a desire to work with children, youth and people living with disabilities.
- * Challenge Course Practitioner Level 1 – Adventure Course and Program Assist ONLY
- * 40 hr Wilderness First Aid, an asset – Outdoor Adventure and Program Assist ONLY
- To provide leadership and guidance to all campers through a variety of activities.
- Responsible for facilitating a safe and fun program.
- Create and implement an activity program suitable to the demographic of the campers.
- Provide an inventory of all program items at the beginning and end of the camp season.
- Adhere to Local Operating Policies and Procedures and Standards for activities.
- Assist in and facilitate all camp experiences (i.e. evening program, campfires, special events).
- When not actively facilitating a session, assume the role of a counselor.
- Work as part of a team.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Program Coordinator.
- Report any accidents/incidents to the Camp Director and Camp Nurse/Medic.
- Provide personal care, feeding, toileting, dressing and bathing for campers as required.
- Ensure the cleanliness of camp, by participating in the weekly clean up.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned, and other duties may be assigned as required.
To apply please complete an online application at https://camptamarack.ca/get-involved/employment/