We are looking for a 2020 conference venue!
The Alberta Camping Association is a not-for-profit organization and a community of summer camp professionals, seasonal employees, volunteers, supporting businesses and supporters of organized camping. We are committed to the highest standards of quality and safety, offering a Standards & Accreditation program, education and resources for member camps and facilities in Alberta.
From March 18-20, 2020 the Alberta Camping Association will provide a conference for its members to attend. Our annual conference is a great opportunity for association members to meet and connect with other camp professionals, share and find new ideas, learn new skills, build community and advance the camping industry in Alberta. We are looking for a host Camp or Conference Centre to house our collection of outdoor enthusiasts to achieve all of these goals and hopefully more!
To submit a proposal to host our conference your facility must be Member Camp in good standing with the Alberta Camping Association. We also require that you allow one of your staff or volunteers to sit on the conference sub-committee and attend up to 3 meetings/year, this is to ensure a smooth preparation and planning phase as well as to ensure your facility is represented in the logistics and activity selection for the conference.
Physical Space Requirements
- Two meeting rooms large enough to facilitate 40 participants in a workshop setting. Capable of hosting audio visual presentations (room and power for Screens, Easels, Projectors, etc.)
- Overnight accommodations for 75, on bottom bunks only.
- Food Services for up to 75 capable of accommodating meal restrictions, including but not limited to vegetarian, vegan, gluten and dairy allergies, etc.
- Space to host evening activities for 75. A workshop space from item 1 that is well suited to a community social may fill this role in the evening.
- Space for our commercial members to present their service in a trade show environment. This will be held over the lunch period of day 2 of the conference.
Instructions for Proposal Submission
Please submit one PDF Version of your Proposal to Vivian Cox Executive Director at email@example.com. Proposals will be due Wednesday May 15, 2019 at 5:00 PM. Please include the contact information of someone authorized to provide clarifications. We also ask that you please do the following:
- Itemize the following with photos included with the proposal;
- Workshop Spaces
- Accommodations (multiple items may be necessary if your facility has multiple options).
- Dining area capacity.
- Amenity options for our attendees to use in a recreation or social setting.
- Proposed trade show venue.
- Provide pricing breakdowns on the following;
- Accommodations ($/Bed/Night)
- Meals ($/Meal)
- Amenity Costs ($/Participant/Activity)
- Additional Equipment (Costs for usage of an A/V equipment you may be able to provide)
- Additional fees not covered by this RFP
Submissions of a response to this proposal does not create a binding contract with the ACA. The camp submitting the proposal is solely responsible for the costs associated with the proposal.
For additional information or clarification contact:
Vivian Cox – Executive Director
11759 Groat Rd
Anticipated Selection Schedule
The Education Committee will make their selection by 30 May 2019 and inform the chosen Camp by 31 May 2019.
Thank you in advance for your submissions.
Alberta Camping Association