"Hints" from Joanna Warren Smith
Camps all over the country have used the 'OMG! Form' immediately after my on-site 'Product Assessment' to see 'IT' (my observations) for themselves. The form is a proven Quality Control tool that's been utilized by not-for-profit and private day and resident camps for many years and it works.
I suggest using the 'OMG! Form' as a training tool and operators responded overwhelmingly.
TAKE ACTION NOW!
- Review my Tri-State Conference Session PowerPoint. https://1drv.ms/p/s!AtaTBctFy8uKkV2IJV2ReCoCbBqz
- Focus on the 6 Simple Elements. Too many Directors assume that counselors already know how to START and END a program, how to ENGAGE kids, make the activity FUN and WORTHWHILE while maximizing STAFF to CAMPER RATIOS.
- Plan the teaching sessions. Integrate these hands-on learning opportunities into your orientation.
- Follow-up with observation/mentoring. Counselors tell me all the time that they are eager for feedback from lead staff. If counselors see the process as empowering, then a culture of striving for excellence starts to emerge.
- Use the 'OMG! Form' for Quality Control. Simply print out Slides 42, 43 and 44 for your very own forms.
- Continue the process throughout the summer. You'll have metrics to support the effort and you will know that you are providing each camper with a better product.
If you need more encouragement to implement this HINT, call me at 310-451-1876 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more tips like these at www.camp-consulting.com
Email email@example.com or call 310-451-1876!